Although most people do not give it much thought, the roof on your house has a variety of important jobs. One of the most important ones is to protect the interior and occupants of the home. During storms, wind damage can cause immediate or gradual destruction of the roof. It is important to repair any damage, and when looking for storm damage restoration, J.R.B. Enterprises is the company to call.
Signs of Wind Damage
High winds can damage the shingles of a roof, as well as the downspouts and gutters. If you notice the following signs, it is time to call storm damage contractors to fix the issues before they get worse:
- Leaky roofs – High winds can rip the shingles off the roof, leaving areas susceptible to rain. Signs include dripping water from the attic or ceiling.
- Full gutters – After strong winds, debris, loose nails, damaged shingles, and twigs can gather in the gutters. If you notice that a gutter is loaded, it may indicate roof damage.
- Curling shingles – Winds can hit shingles in such a way that they begin to curl. This is usually noticeable on the edges of the roof.
- Lifted shingles – High winds can also loosen the nails that anchor the shingles. This causes the shingles to look like they are lifting up.
- Missing chimney flashing – Chimney flashing creates a waterproof seal where the chimney and roof meet. Winds can remove this, causing the chimney to leak.
- Missing roof – This is an obvious reason to contact repair services right away. It is caused by extraordinarily strong winds, poor roofing, or both.
Why Choose Us
J.R.B. Enterprises is a family-owned company with more than 40 years of experience. With an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, the company can be trusted for all your roofing needs. Contact them if you suspect wind damage. They will diagnose the problem and repair or replace the roof so it can provide ultimate protection against the weather.
Image Credit: Tujunga Photo/Shutterstock